Friday, August 24, 2012

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

So it has been a little over a month since my last update and I wanted to update you all on my training. 

The Good - At the beginning of August we went to TX to visit Jeff's family.  While we were there, we were able to run together.  Although the "lows" there were in the low 70's, Jeff and I were able to run together.  Something we do not get to do here at home.  He ran all my runs with me in the morning, including a 15 mile long run on a Saturday.  He is such an encouragement to me, that honestly they were the best runs I had, had in awhile - even the 15 miler! 

The Bad - So this is not really "bad" but it was another "AH HA" moment for me in my running, and again, God just really brought some more things into perspective for me.  While running with a friend on a mid week 6 mile run, I made the comment that I had forgot to put my water bottles in the fridge the night before therefore my water was not cold, but warm and it was not refreshing.  She replied with - that's ok, you think that is bad - I only drink bottled water.  We both just kinda looked at each other and basically said we needed to get over ourselves.  Here we were complaining about our CLEAN water - when we are running to help provide clean water for others who are not as fortunate. 

The Ugly - Ok, if you have an easy stomach - just skip this part.  Last Saturday, I had my longest run to date.  16 Miles!  Worst. Run. Ever.   From the start I was feeling a bit "off", wasn't sure what, but just felt like I had no energy.  At about mile 11 - it hit.  I got the runs during my run.  Yuck, I know.  Thankfully, it was along a portion of the trail that had a lot of restrooms.  I visited 3 of them!  Although that happened, and after that I felt like I had even less energy - I FINISHED!  Another thing was that I forgot my phone that day and the girl I was running with didn't have her phone.  I know if I had had it I probably would had called Jeff to come get me and would had just called it a day.  I didn't have that option and therefore I pressed on.  I didn't finish strong - but I finished! Thank You Jesus.  This past week I was much more intentional about what I ate and made sure my body had the proper fuel.  Much better run.

I am doing this for one reason - because God laid it on my heart to do this to help raise funds and bring awareness to those in need.  Will you please help me build water wells in Zambia, Africa?

To those of you that have made a donation to Team World Vision in support of me - THANK YOU!! Your support means so much to me and helps me to keep going! If you have not yet made a donation, I ask that you would please consider making a tax-deductible donation to help build water wells in Zambia, Africa!! It would mean so much to me! Here is the link where you can donate online http://support.worldvision.org/goto/heathergerwing

No comments:

Post a Comment